19 March 2008

[Casting Crowns/"Does Anybody Hear Her"]

I know this is a "Christian" band, but over a year ago I found this song via a mention of it in someone's poem. The song doesn't seem that way, though. The following is NOT a suicide note (why in hell would I put that on a site no one might ever see??), but simply emotions.

No one really truly sees me
All they see are the negative things
And nothing positive
Nothing truly worth remembering
Nothing significant
Just music that makes people's ears rot

I just wish that they could see the kind of person that thrives
Underneath the black disposition and behind blue glasses
I seem to fall behind, and never catch up
And why should I, really?
So I can be mocked?

There is no Prince Charming
Nothing of the sort here
Not in my immediate vicinity
He's in a faraway land, too far for comfort

I just have to wonder if it's worth it sometimes
To continue fighting through
I know people who don't want to see me drown
But they can't see through my mask
Can they?

What are your closest friends if they can't see through the mascara
The bronzer, the blush, the lipstick and the tan? (There's more to it)
Beneath that is the breaking, the creaking, the shrieking and the crying
Floors below, the lower the sadder and twice as desolate

I can't wait, and trust is a miniature option
The pen moves, just as the tears down my face and the
Gun through my hands, kissing my temple
Thumb on the trigger
They course down my face in rivers
Hand quivering
The trigger pulled, the sound never heard
And there I am, in a better place

My pain's over, my searching done
Nothing to remember her by

No comments: